Welcome to Day 5! Today we are going to discuss not only how to sell, but to whom you should sell. We are also going to discuss two basic forms of...
Today I am not going to show you any videos or give you any interesting articles. We are going to get down to the brass tacks. At this point you should have been out in the field for a couple of weeks. By now you should have walked into around 200 businesses. The sad truth […]
Today I am not going to show you any videos or give you any interesting articles. We are going to get down to the brass tacks. At this point you should have been out in the field for a couple of weeks. By now you should have walked into around 200 businesses. The sad truth about it is, I know a lot of you probably have not done that. If you haven’t, I can probably guess some of the reasons why; I have listed them below.
1. You don’t feel you understand the industry or what you are suppose to be doing well enough to be in the field.
2. You went out in the field and gave it a try, but the the merchants you spoke with “just weren’t interested.”
3. You went out in the field and gave it a try, but you couldn’t speak with any business owners.
4. You went out or tried to go out, but you just felt so unorganized. You felt like you were just wandering around aimlessly out in the field.
5. You are extremely excited about this industry, and the thought of the amount of residual income gets you so pumped up you can’t even stand it. BUT, the thought of walking in and cold calling on business owners terrifies you, so you remain paralyzed on your couch.
If any of these sound familiar, have no fear – I have a solution! GO GET IN THE FIELD! I have worked with a lot of successful agents in this industry. I’ve worked with even more unsuccessful agents. Here are the two things that stand out the most between those who are successful and those who are not.
- The successful agents are full time out in the field.
- The successful agents have perfected their pitch with repetition.
Now here are two things that both groups have in common.
- Most of them didn’t really feel like they knew what they were doing at first.
- Most of them were nervous or downright petrified to go cold call on business owners.
I personally struggled with both of those feelings when I first started. Let me give you a quote that really hit home with me. I hope it helps you as much as it did me.
“The biggest hurdle is rejection. Any business you start, be ready for it. The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is the successful people do all the things the unsuccessful people don’t want to do. When ten doors are slammed in your face, go to door number eleven enthusiastically, with a smile on your face.” – John Paul DeJoria (Billionaire)
Many of you came to us for our training program. As you well know, it is the most comprehensive training program in this industry. Let me be the first to tell you that being in the field is the absolute best training you can possibly get. The difference for you with our training is that you have more knowledge than most agents when they first get started. You also have the support of other very successful agents such as Melody Campbell, Matt Price, myself, and the rest of the staff here at CCSalesPro. You can attend our training events, watch our training videos, chat with Melody & Matt, and utilize all of the training resources we have for you. But until you are in the field, you will never come to an understanding of what we are teaching.
In closing I would like to challenge you to do two things:
1. Visit 20 new businesses five days a week for the next 90 days.
2. Pick a pitch that takes you no longer than 15 – 30 seconds to say. Relentlessly practice it until you have gotten to the point where if asked, “what’s your pitch?” without hesitation you could recite it.
You are going to get told “no.” You are not always going to feel like being in the field. You are going to make mistakes. You are going to say the wrong thing. Welcome to sales! The bright side is if you choose to do the things that unsuccessful people do not do, you will be successful. As always, good luck out there!
“Join our team and share the dream.” -Marvin Shirey