I have been selling credit card processing services for a while and I love it! Below is my top 10 list of things I love about selling credit card processing. Take a moment to comment on the blog with your your top list or share a sales story with our group on one of the social media outlets below:
10. Meeting the most interesting and influential people in my community. (And then adding them to my LinkedIn network!)
9. Explaining why 99% of equipment leases are a bad deal for the merchant.
8. Hearing a merchant say, “So…what’s the catch?” when I offer our pricing and free equipment.
7. Watching one of my clients handing out MY BUSINESS CARDS! This happened at a charity event I was at!
6. Getting my residual check on the 1st of each month.
5. Hearing sales people from other industries say, “You get residual and up front money?” Yes, that is what CCBizPro offers!
4. Walking into a business with no connections and closing a deal on the spot! This is tough to do but, if you can do it, you know that you have mastered the sales and industry knowledge it takes to succeed long term. Don’t try this on every one and don’t try it until you know what you are doing!
3. Doing a big deal. If you have never closed a 5+ location business or one with over $100K in monthly volume feels like quite the accomplishment.
2. Answering the phone at 10pm for a customer and having them say, “I was going to leave you a message, I can’t believe you picked up!” (I don’t do this every day, but I do it when I can.)
1. Calling Christina (My wife) and saying, “I just closed a deal, we will be getting paid tomorrow!” **No matter how much you make, your spouse will always love to get that call! Make it often!
This is my top 10 reasons for selling merchant services! Be sure to comment on our social channels or in the comments on what your top reasons for selling are. I look forward to hearing them.
Make it a great day!
Read previous post: “How Much Residual Can You Make?” – Part 4
“How Much Residual Can You Make?” – Part 4
Read next post: “How To Get Started in Merchant Services” – Part 6
“How to Get Started in Merchant Services” – Part 6