2 Ways to Sell More Merchant Accounts (Without Cold Calling) – Part 1
SO, you want to sell without cold calling? Here are 4 prerequisite warnings, then 2 successful strategies to come. You COULD sell without cold calling. I’ll even help by giving two strategies for it. But first, consider these disclaimers on the results. No one in the industry has been a bigger proponent of […]
SO, you want to sell without cold calling? Here are 4 prerequisite warnings, then 2 successful strategies to come.
You COULD sell without cold calling. I’ll even help by giving two strategies for it. But first, consider these disclaimers on the results.
No one in the industry has been a bigger proponent of cold calling than I have! The reason is simple; I know EVERY sales professional can generate results over time by hard work when cold calling.
However, some agents simply have an extra tough time cold calling. Or their business and residual portfolio have grown to a point where they are ready to transition to a new strategy.I want to share two strategies that you can deploy to sell merchant services without cold calling. However, first consider these four stipulations on the results.
#1 – Cold calling is still the most effective use of your time as a merchant services professional in the short term.
· Don’t allow these episodes to be your excuse to stop doing something that is working.
· The vast majority of top agents I know continue cold calling, even after they achieve financial success.
#2 – Cold calling generates results much faster than either of these two strategies.
· The concepts I will share with you take 30 to 90 days to start generating results. Even then, the results come slowly.
· Plan to invest time into these strategies for 12 months before expecting a full-time income.
#3 – Because of the delayed sales cycle, these strategies assume you either…
· have an existing portfolio that pays your bills, and you want to transition away from cold calling.
· or you are getting started and have saved enough for six months of expenses.
If neither of these describe you, consider working these strategies part time, while continuing your prospecting efforts.
#4 – You’ll still be prospecting and interrupting people.
· These aren’t strategies that involve sitting in your easy chair watching Netflix while the commission pours in.
· You clearly don’t know me and have never consumed my content before if you hope for that!
Okay, now that I have those caveats out of the way, let’s jump in! In the next episode, I’ll explain strategy #1 – how to collect email addresses and become a publisher/networker.
While you’re waiting, what do you have to say about prospecting? How do you feel about cold calling? Use the comments section below to give me feedback! I’d love to hear what you have to say.